Get in contact with us
Hi, we'd love to meet you 👋
Business Development Representative United States
This is an opportunity to be one of the first sales reps at a high growth startup with a great culture! This role will be critical in driving new business, customer growth and adoption. You’ll be responsible for targeted outreach, defining our ideal customer profile, and onboarding new businesses and talent. You will shape the future of revenue at Learnexus and have an opportunity to drive results from the ground floor. In this role, you’ll learn more than just the fundamental sales best practices, and you’ll see first hand how a company is built.
This is a full-time contract position with the ability to convert to a full-time employee position shortly thereafter. This position is 100% remote and we’re looking for someone who can collaborate within US time zones.
Learnexus is a marketplace for the world’s top training contractors & vendors – we’re like the Angie’s List for Learning and Development.
Training teams are at capacity and must do more with less. We give managers the flexibility they need to deal with project ebbs & flows and budget constraints. Managers post training projects, receive bids, and hire without procurement headaches.
We’re now working with multiple Fortune 1000 companies to save them millions of dollars, and have top investors from Silicon Valley backing us.
- Be creatively bold – we love ideas!
- Self-starters that are highly motivated and driven to win. (Determined)
- Someone who is not afraid to move fast, take risks and experiment. (Resourceful)
- Individuals who are open to building processes and navigating complex situations. (Agile)
- A person that will up-level other members and thrive in a cross-functional environment. (Team Player)
What you will do:
- Generate demand for Learnexus through email campaigns and calling prospects
- Manage inbound leads through phone and webform using specific qualifying criteria
- Maintain and update accurate records leveraging the CRM (Outreach.io)
- Work intimately with marketing and product to develop and deploy data-driven pipeline building strategies
- Evaluate businesses and prospects through thoughtful research
Skills we’re hoping for:
- Sales experience
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Desire to join a competitive team
- BA/BS degree is preferred but not mandated for the role
- Experience using LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- Experience selling temporary staffing services
- Knowledge of the Learning & Development industry
- Experience using Outreach.io
Hugs, the team at Learnexus 🤗
Join our exclusive talent network United States
We are a Learning & Development and Education focused freelancing platform. Companies and education institutions use our platform to find pre-vetted talent to build all types of trainings and courses. We’re a small team with big ambitions to empower learning freelancers by connecting them with amazing opportunities.
In terms of our differentiating features from other freelancing sites, we only focus on education and L&D opportunities; cater to high-quality, high-paying opportunities (minimum $30/hr); and have many features that allow employers to screen candidates quickly (from test projects to validate skills, to video-based screening questions and answers). For employers, we are 50% lower cost than staffing agencies, integrate seamlessly with payment and procurement departments, and offer a 7-day risk-free trial.
We are always on the lookout for talented people who are passionate about empowering independent learning professionals. We value most:
- Good energy (our most important filter…)
- Creative backgrounds or hobbies (e.g., music, art, design, etc.) with a love for helping startups
- Driven to first fully understand and serve the customer
- Playful and fun but guided by creating and delivering high-quality products and experiences
- Belief in hypothesis testing — ideas are ideas until tested with actual users and customers for proper validation
If you believe you’d be a good fit for our team, please get in contact with us via the Apply button below ✌️