Explore experts on Learnexus
Imagine a world where learning and development (L&D) professionals could create engaging, high-quality training content in record time. A world filled with seemingly endless resources and delivery methods, all working together to make the workplace learning experience more efficient and effective than ever before. This world is not just a dream, but a reality that’s quickly becoming the new normal for companies around the globe. The key? Rapid content development for Instructor-Led Training (ILT) and Virtual Instructor-Led Training (VILT).
Best Practices for Rapid Content Development
To achieve this new standard in L&D, it’s essential to follow best practices for rapid ILT and VILT content development. These practices include repurposing existing content, reorienting content for different delivery methods, and reconstructing content to address the needs of modern learners.
Repurpose: Make the Most of Your Existing Content
One of the most significant advantages of rapid content development is the ability to repurpose existing training materials. Instead of starting from scratch, L&D professionals can save time and resources by identifying existing content that can be updated and adapted for new training programs. An L&D professional from a leading Fortune 500 company explains, “We found that repurposing our existing content helped us save time and money, allowing us to focus on creating new, innovative training solutions.” To make the most of your existing content, consider the following tips:
- Identify content that is still relevant and effective in its current form.
- Update any outdated information or examples to ensure accuracy and relevance.
- Adapt content for different formats or delivery methods, such as converting a PowerPoint presentation into an eLearning module.
Reorient: Adapt Your Content for Different Delivery Methods
In today’s rapidly evolving workplace, it’s essential to offer training that can be easily accessed and consumed by employees, whether they are in the office or working remotely. One way to achieve this is by reorienting your content for different delivery methods, such as ILT and VILT. A seasoned L&D professional shares, “We’ve found that by adapting our training materials for various delivery methods, we can reach more employees and provide a more engaging, effective learning experience.” To reorient your content, consider the following strategies:
- Identify the most effective delivery method for each training topic or objective.
- Determine the best format for each delivery method, such as live presentations, recorded webinars, or interactive eLearning modules.
- Adjust your content as needed to ensure it is engaging and effective for each delivery method.
Reconstruct: Address the Needs of Modern Learners
Modern learners have unique needs and preferences, and it’s crucial to address these in your content development process. This may involve reconstructing your content to focus on microlearning, incorporating more interactive elements, or using storytelling to engage and motivate learners. An L&D professional from a global company says, “We’ve found that by reconstructing our content to address the needs of modern learners, we can improve engagement, retention, and overall training effectiveness.” To reconstruct your content, consider the following tips:
- Break content into smaller, easily digestible segments to create microlearning experiences.
- Incorporate interactive elements, such as quizzes, videos, or simulations, to increase learner engagement.
- Use storytelling techniques to make content more relatable and memorable.
Discover the Learnexus Difference
Ready to accelerate your ILT and VILT content development process? Learnexus can help. As a leading freelancer marketplace for L&D, Learnexus connects you with experienced professionals who can help you create engaging, effective training materials quickly and easily. With access to top talent and a 47% cost saving, you can save time and eliminate procurement issues with a single master services agreement. Discover the Learnexus difference today and take your L&D initiatives to the next level.